Hello all guys! by servat0633
Started on: 03-26-2014 09:14 PM
Replies: 12 (314 views)
Last post by: servat0633 on 03-27-2014 04:18 PM
servat0633

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for servat0633Send a Private Message to servat0633Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all!
I Stand.

Me name is Jordi and I'm from Catalonia, 3 yeras ago that I own a 1985 Pontiac Fiero.
I buy cherp car, but have a " embargo " of the former owner.... Now the car is already clean of debts!!
A one yerar that in the workshop for repairs start the car and do things, I brought a lot in thefierostore.com because I have made a " tune-up" engine and arroud the car... The car is 11 years stationary, motionless.... The last saturday I was the ITV... In USA I know the name is EMISSION TEST... But I have a several problems in my car... The engine its poisonous... The maxim limit in here its 3 but my car reach at 12.3... Very dangerous, in Smoke Control... I'm a little angry, because I've spent so much money and the car still does not work well....

In Here, in Catalonia, " Spain " all parts to buy in USA, have a surcharge for the government we have... That its provised in 21% more parts + shiping.... I do not want to hate!!! ahahahha LOL!

Delighted to find this website! And Say hello to all!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello there, I won't be the best of help on the emissions testing as we don't have it here. Welcome!

The catalytic converter in the exhaust system would definitely cause a major spike though.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 03-26-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

what engine do you have?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-27-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have an old friend in Spain that used to be a member here on the forum, he asked to be band and was so now you can't get ahold of him here but if you would like to send me a PM and I would be glad to get you in touch with him. Nick knows more about Fieros and cars in general than most mechanics I know.

Nick Cann I think is his full name. and he lives in Catalina (SP) I think, eastern side of Spain.

Welcome to the nut house.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

servat0633

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for servat0633Send a Private Message to servat0633Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello!!! Tanks you 84Fiero123, I send a PM.

The engine is 2.8 V6 and the ECM no have errors...
But the car smoke a Bluish grey... This weekend I do a video clip... And we can see.... The other question its how I can up the photos or images in the forum!!!

Tanks you guys!
PD: I no have a good english... Please sorry!!!

------------------
Hudson Commodore 1949
Seat 850 Especial 1969
Buick skyhawk 1979
Pontiac Fiero 1985
Mercedes S500 Cupe 1995
Alfa Romeo 159 2006

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Does Spain have an exemption for cars over a certain age, maybe you can get it exempted from emission rules. It sounds like it may be burning oil, has the pcv valve been replaced?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Welcome! Does Spain have an exemption for cars over a certain age, maybe you can get it exempted from emission rules. It sounds like it may be burning oil, has the pcv valve been replaced?

from the trouble Nick had with his Miata I don't think so, he had all sorts of trouble with that one, to the point of not ever getting it on the road, he actually had to buy another one that was already registered in Spain in order to drive it.

Steve
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by servat0633:

Hello!!! Tanks you 84Fiero123, I send a PM.

The engine is 2.8 V6 and the ECM no have errors...
But the car smoke a Bluish grey... This weekend I do a video clip... And we can see.... The other question its how I can up the photos or images in the forum!!!

Tanks you guys!
PD: I no have a good english... Please sorry!!!

I checked I never got it

Steve
servat0633

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for servat0633Send a Private Message to servat0633Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The images... I can try....

The car this one very very dirty. But after three anyos... Of not working, and one year in the workshop... It is not possible to wait very much.

I try to put a video clip!!

http://youtu.be/vHjbjC9UzE8

Regards!

------------------
Hudson Commodore 1949
Seat 850 Especial 1969
Buick skyhawk 1979
Pontiac Fiero 1985
Mercedes S500 Cupe 1995
Alfa Romeo 159 2006

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by servat0633:

In Here, in Catalonia, " Spain " all parts to buy in USA, have a surcharge for the government we have... That its provised in 21% more parts + shiping.... I do not want to hate!!

Welcome and nice ride.

If we paid a big surcharge I would hate it thats for sure.
servat0633

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for servat0633Send a Private Message to servat0633Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello!!!
The PCV valve never has ben changed, but I get a now orther in The fiero Store and I buy the PCV Valve, the EGR valve and also a O2 sensor. My be this sensors give a bad information in ECM?

I change:
Water pump
Thermostat
Oil pan drain plug
Locking radiador cap
Oil filter cap
Thermostat housing cap
Coolant reservoir cap
Front and rear pads
Front and rear calipers
Breake master cilinder
Coolant hose complet kit
A/C compresor belt
Water pump belt
All gauges
V6 filter package
Distributor cap
Ignition wire set
Sparg plugs
Fuel pump strainer
Electric fuel pump

And cleaning the water coolant 3 times, clean the stain stel breake lines, 2 times oil in he engine, cleaning the gas tank, change all lights... Ans my be a other Things that now I do not remember.

regards!
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the 02 sensor could be sending bad information. A new one does not cost much.

Do you still have the Catalytic Converter...(CAT)?
servat0633

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for servat0633Send a Private Message to servat0633Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Welcome and nice ride.

If we paid a big surcharge I would hate it thats for sure.

LoL.... We cannot do anything... The government does not have money and steals the citizen... This is it Spain... Now he says Europe and USA that is going to unify the market (not if it is true) probably then we do not pay custom forms... Who knows...
But me also... I buying in USA... And arrived to Spain I also go to pay 21% from my parts.... If you buy in China... You do not pay anything... Shameful... GGGGGGrrrrr.....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock