shift cable clip by sgosser
Started on: 03-24-2014 08:07 PM
Replies: 12 (644 views)
Last post by: krum on 03-29-2014 12:02 PM
sgosser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking for a clip to hold my shifter cable to the bracket on the transmission. In this area there is nothing. I tried several type pins as a substitute. Nothing fits. Someone told me today that the clip looks just like what is used in some car door locks so I ran to the parts store and had them look up chevy citation. It was an 81 model and it had clips for the door locks very close to what I needed. The cost was more than I wanted to pay so I ran to advance and told them what I had found and they brought out similar door clips four in a box for 5 bucks. The metal on the legs of them is slightly bent to provide tension so they are made a little differently than the transmission clips. I will try them tomorrow. I just worry about how long they will last. Thought I would pass along this info. There may be better substitutes out there. any thoughts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have a picture of what you need ? i might have one layin around in my shop
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this thread about the same clip. [URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/forum2/HTML/120264.html]

[This message has been edited by sgosser (edited 03-24-2014).]

krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i have one in my shop if not i gotta make a junkyard run on saturday so if you rig can hold until then ill grab you the clip when i go let me know

[This message has been edited by krum (edited 03-24-2014).]

sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't know what I am doing wrong trying to put a link in here. They are the U or C clips that secure the shifter and selector cables to the bracket on top of the 4 speed. They are also used right behind the shifter assembly to secure the cables.
dschwarz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dschwarzSend a Private Message to dschwarzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel your pain, I ended up using a large snap ring that kinda wedges into the groove until I find the right part.
I'd be interested in knowing of any better fix.
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested in the right clip. how much are they? Im gonna go ahead and try these door lock clips and see how they do. the door lock clips from the 81 citation are almost identical except for the way they provide tension. I do not know if the material is as strong but maybe it is an alternative for people. google door lock retaining clip. I think the u clamp style is used on a lot of vehicles.

[This message has been edited by sgosser (edited 03-24-2014).]

krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as long as shipping isnt that much it will be free for you. shipping can be but a dollar so nothing for you just let me know what one you need the (left or right) clip.

[This message has been edited by krum (edited 03-25-2014).]

sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 4 speed standard trans and the clip I have seems to work to hold shifter or select cable in place. It fits the same in both spots. Are they supposed to be different?
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
never took notice but just to be on the safe side ill get both of them for you if they are the same you will have a extra 1
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really appreciate it. I can not find parts around here. The only salvage yard in my area had one fiero and it got picked clean then crushed before I knew it was there. all I saw of it was the transmission laying on the ground. again thanks.
PFF
System Bot
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no problem i will pm you after i get them on saturday for your address
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got 2 clips for you pm me your info so i can mail them out to you

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock