F23 Axles vs Getrag Axles? by Ravant
Started on: 03-24-2014 01:24 PM
Replies: 3 (564 views)
Last post by: Ravant on 03-24-2014 07:29 PM
Ravant

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the 5-speed manual Getrag axles fit the F23. Problem is, my car is currently an auto, so by going to the F23, I need to pick up a pair of axles. The question is, which axles should I get? Just a set of manual axles from an old Fiero? Or could the Cobalt axles work? I read somewhere that the axles mated to the F35 are too short for the Fiero, but I can't find anything about the axles that come already mated to the F23.

Following up with this, how much do the getrag Fiero axles weigh and how much do the Cobalt axles weigh? Which is stronger and less likely to chew through boots?

[This message has been edited by Ravant (edited 03-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC fiero axles are the only ones long enough to fit (stock at least)

------------------
1st class A**hole.

we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you swapping to an ecotec as well? The bellhousing will be different on the ecotec... Either way, just pick up getrag axles used and be set.

Axles shouldn't chew through boots.. Boots usually fail from mechanical damage, or weathering.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 03-24-2014).]

Ravant

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Are you swapping to an ecotec as well? The bellhousing will be different on the ecotec... Either way, just pick up getrag axles used and be set.

Axles shouldn't chew through boots.. Boots usually fail from mechanical damage, or weathering.

Well, was referring to weathering. But yeah, I know about the bellhousing thing, I was more or less concerned with just the axles. If the ones from the trans donor won't work, I'll pick up some used Getrag axles and call it a day.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock