How do I lift the side window? by notaguru
Started on: 03-24-2014 12:09 AM
Replies: 4 (264 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 03-24-2014 04:43 PM
notaguru

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notaguruClick Here to visit notaguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to notaguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm installing new dew wipes on an '88GT with power locks/mirror.

The inside panel is off, along with most of the screws holding the dew wipe. But with the window up all the way, I still cannot get to those screws that are covered by glass even with a home made zig-zag screwdriver that reaches the screws. I needed a lot of straight-on force plus twist to break the others loose.

I researched the forum, and found someone that suggested undoing the two "L-shaped brackets" so the glass could be raised. Perfect.

But - what brackets?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Items 93 and 97

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 03-24-2014).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you've loosened the felt pads on the inside, with the window up, you can tip the window inward, giving a little more room. Get some wooden door jamb and window shims at your local home building supply store like Home Depot or Lowes. You can use them to protect your window and to help exert force against the tool, by pushing down between the tool and window. Using a box knife to remove the rubber of the old dew wipe prior to removal can help with clearance, too.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

If you've loosened the felt pads on the inside, with the window up, you can tip the window inward, giving a little more room. Get some wooden door jamb and window shims at your local home building supply store like Home Depot or Lowes. You can use them to protect your window and to help exert force against the tool, by pushing down between the tool and window. Using a box knife to remove the rubber of the old dew wipe prior to removal can help with clearance, too.

^^This^^

Exactly what I did.

After you get them out, I would recommend not putting screws back in those hole, or using hex-heads screws if you must.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock