3800 5sd isuzu shift cables at the transmission end by Amos 8833
Started on: 03-23-2014 02:07 PM
Replies: 3 (150 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 03-23-2014 10:01 PM
Amos 8833

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Amos 8833Click Here to visit Amos 8833's HomePageClick Here to Email Amos 8833Send a Private Message to Amos 8833Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
I am new here, installing a 3800 in 87 notch back with 5spd. I am having a time with the tranny shift cables. In the stock position the cables pass in front of the throttle body making a air intake fabrication impossible.
Any help with this will greatly appreciated.
Amos 8833

------------------
Amos

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochClick Here to Email aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No prob. I found a 90 degree 3800 intake at the yard. (sorry, don't remember what car it was off, just was big).

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

GM Shane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneClick Here to Email GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did them nearly the same way. I used the intake that gmtuners recommends and had to route the shift cables on top of it.

For me the key was to connect the air intake, run the cables over it, then slowly tighten the mounting bolt down to pull it into place. Be careful, that bracket is aluminum. If it feels like it's pulling too hard back off, readjust, and try again.
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're using a Series III aluminum intake with an Isuzu 5 speed it won't work. The shift cables pass right in front of the throttle body. You'll either have to switch to the Series II intake or modify the shift cables bracket.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock