Window Rubbing on Something by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 03-22-2014 01:58 PM
Replies: 7 (139 views)
Last post by: RilesOfSmiles on 03-23-2014 07:25 PM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My driver side power window doesn't work very well because when I try to put it up of down it struggles a lot. It seems the front edge of the glass is rubbing against something or pressing very hard against it and won't allow the window to work very well. What is going on with it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be many things. How are your dew wipes?
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked the window tracks for dirt build up or lack of grease?
RilesOfSmiles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dew wipes are trashed but they aren't touching the window. They feel like they're made of plastic.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's fairly easy to remove the inner door skin. Once it's off, peel back the weather proof paper that seals the door from the elements and you'll be able to see the window regulator and tracks relatively easily with a flashlight. If I were a betting man, I'd say that the wire bundle inside the door has become dislodged and is catching on the window or the levers.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RilesOfSmiles:

The dew wipes are trashed but they aren't touching the window. They feel like they're made of plastic.

Part of the Dew Wipes are Felt Guides. If those are worn they will grind against the window, making noise and putting nice vertical scratches on your windows. With the window struggling to get up and down is because the tracks need to be cleaned of the old grease and re-greased. You will need a can of white lithium to re-grease the tracks with and a new set of dew wipes to solve the grinding issue. I need to do this myself.
FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be the manual mirror cable bundle if you have those? Diving into the door panel right now myself. I ended up accidentally breaking off the skin adjuster block while lowering my window in the process… somehow got in the way.
RilesOfSmiles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has power mirrors and I sprayed wd40 down there last summer just because and it seemed to help a little bit but that dried away. How do I grease the tracks?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock