Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  2.5 fuel pump, strainer, injector, filter - what brands to buy?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2.5 fuel pump, strainer, injector, filter - what brands to buy? by cebix
Started on: 03-22-2014 01:48 PM
Replies: 3 (392 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 03-22-2014 03:32 PM
cebix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I think I have a fuel issue (my other thread, code 44, runs terrible, dies when giving it gas, runs nice when spraying brake cleaner into the intake) and decided to replace the whole system but what brands are considered good and with which ones did you have good experience with? For example the injectors are priced $45-160 on ebay. Are they all really that different? Same thing about pump prices.

85 duke auto

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have put new Bosch fuel pumps on both of my Fieros and they have worked well and are very quiet. The fuel filter I used fram and the fuel pump sock I used what came with the fuel pump but fram makes one too. I have heard bad things about the Airtek and other brands of fuel pumps.
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, thanks. If anyone has any info on injectors that would be also very helpful.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DeatschWerks also makes good fuel pumps. I have only used the DW200 (255 lph) pump but really like it. The warranty is also good at "three years, no fault".

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock