You should check this! by vitog44
Started on: 03-21-2014 05:51 PM
Replies: 5 (655 views)
Last post by: vitog44 on 03-25-2014 08:28 PM
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Make sure that your overflow hose-the ½ black hose coming out from under the radiator cap that goes to the radiator overflow tank- is well secured to the side of the radiator and not bowing out toward the headlight mechanism. One of my lights started to make a thumping sound when it when up at a certain point. After examining the operation, I noticed that the small hose was catching the left side of the headlight assembly, causing the mechanism to jam a bit at a spot. I secured the hose to the side wall of the radiator and all was well.
Potentially, if the hose kept on catching the side of the headlight assembly, it could eventually damage it and potentially rip the hose and shoot coolant out. Not recapturing the coolant could potentially cause engine overheat.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will check. thanks for the tip.
have enough problems without stupid ones like this.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a picture to help see where it is and how to fix it.
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the same problem with my Indy. P.O. had replaced the tubing and left it too long so it bowed out and caught the HL mech. I cut about 2" off the tubing, reattached it and all was fine.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OEM setup has a small round plastic push-in clip to locate the overflow hose.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are right. However, even with secured at that spot,it extended far enough to be pinched by the headlight assembly. I would do it as an extra precaution. I would also urge all to check the hose under the overflow bottle to make sure is not kinked.. Perhaps when I replaced the radiator the new overflow hose was softer and prone to get kinked. It stopped any antifreeze from getting in or out of the canister .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock