Ball joint crossover by cmechmann
Started on: 03-19-2014 11:36 PM
Replies: 2 (140 views)
Last post by: TriumphFetish on 03-20-2014 02:57 PM
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have access to parts to inspect for differences?
According to AC Delco rear Fiero ball joints use the same part number as X and A body fwd front lower.
45D2073 pro series and 46D2073A advantage series.
However Moog shows K6257(Fiero) and K5263(fits a whole slew of cars)
The reason I'm asking is I have Fiero control arms that have good condition O.E ball joints(no play, nice and tight) but the boots are toast. Cut the rivets out and inspected. And the guts look new. Would need boot, cage and bolts to reinstall. I would prefer to use the O.E. By what I have seen the O.E will last a very long time if kept maintained. The ones on the car now have over 140,000 miles and the right has finally started to move around. And the Moog K6257are no longer made, just what is left on shelves. And of course overpriced for what they are compared to the K5263s. The Delco advantage are reasonable, but I don't like the track record.
I'm almost 90% certain the K5263 joint is the same and would buy another brand just for the boot, cage and bolts, but I fear the difference would be the lenth of the bolts due to the stop plate on the Fiero.
I will soon be changing the cradle and would like to have those together then. Due to the weather, work has been screwy and the heating bills nuts. Is isn't that I.m cheap, just don't have it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shade Tree Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ibelieve the car that the cradel came from had less than 100k.
TriumphFetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TriumphFetishSend a Private Message to TriumphFetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the length of the bolt ends up being the only difference, just go get some grade 8 bolts that are longer. Any hardware store should carry them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock