first trial fit of the L67 w/ F23 transmission by dhen
Started on: 03-19-2014 10:16 PM
Replies: 5 (388 views)
Last post by: dhen on 03-21-2014 08:41 PM
dhen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhenClick Here to Email dhenSend a Private Message to dhenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I'm making my own mounts because it's more fun and that is what this is all about. Well for me, at least.

Anyway, I got the engine positioned to where I think it's good. I think I could lower it more, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. My concern it the driver's side CV axle hitting the subframe. I'd rather ask and risk embarrassment than have to do it all over.

Here are some pictures. What do you think? (I know it's lower on the back end. I'm just fitting side to side and vertical right now.)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dhen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhenClick Here to Email dhenSend a Private Message to dhenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, maybe this helps. I can almost get three fingers under the thick part of the CV axle and the subframe.

Thanks.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Side rails of cradle and bottom of oil pan at the same level?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I try not to have any part of the engine/tranny including the oil pan level with or lower then the bottom of the cradle for obvious reasons and watch out at the tranny side of the cradle the tranny has small ribs on the bottom side that will hit the cradle in one spot if mounted too low. Only reason I can see for wanting really low mounts is for an inter cooler or to make sure the alt can clear in its stock location.
With the tranny in place and the suspension installed move the suspension from one extreme to the other to check for axle clearance then you will know for sure if you are ok. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 450
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only reason I can see for wanting really low mounts is for an inter cooler

Better axle geometry at stock ride height.
dhen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhenClick Here to Email dhenSend a Private Message to dhenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Yes, the long axle hits the frame a little, but only when I push down very far. It's hard for me to imagine it doing that when it's bolted up.

The bottom of the oil pan is about 1/4 inch higher than the bottom of the frame.

Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock