Truck bedliner for engine cradle by crashmydaytona
Started on: 03-19-2014 09:23 PM
Replies: 4 (212 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 03-20-2014 02:56 PM
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking of having my cradle sprayed with truck bedliner has anyone tried this? Wondering if it will last or not. I have it in epoxy primer now and not sure if i will just paint it or have bedliner sprayed over it. Not sure if the bedliner would adhere to the epoxy primer or not. Any thoughts
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on just using rubberized undercoating
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I plan on just using rubberized undercoating

Bedliner epoxy is way tougher than rubberized coating.

That being said what would be a good reason to do this? I would rather have it powder coated, or just painted. If you are trying to protect it from winter, yes bedliner coating will help and probably be a good thing.

As for coating over primer, contact the manufacturer of the product you are looking at and see what they say.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 03-20-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any fluid leaks can play havoc with the bed liner or undercoating. Use chassis paint or powder.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-20-2014).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know lots of guys who used bedliner in the whole engine bay. Theyve done K member, firewall, fender wells and core supports. Looks pretty good too. I never seen them have any problems with anything spilled on it. The stuffs practically indestructible. It should be fine over your primer...they put it in painted beds. I fixed some dents in a pickup bed side. It was done inside with bedliner. I didnt damage it beating on it and using a porta power. Another guy hauls all his parts including engines and transmissions, all puking out anti freeze, trans fluid, steering fluid, oil and its all still fine under a half inch of sludge, not to mention them sliding around.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-20-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock