84 misfire lack of power by Fadingaway
Started on: 03-18-2014 10:17 PM
Replies: 3 (114 views)
Last post by: Fadingaway on 03-19-2014 02:04 PM
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel pressure is good, tps, map good. Changed wires and spark plugs the cap is new but one of the terminal posts is loose so it seems kind of sketchy to me. I fixed the blown head gasket and the valve tick checked the timing its at 8* the EGR tested good. Now with the o2 sensor out the performance improves a bit but the miss is more clear to the ear also the strange rattle in the higher rpm dissapears with it out. I can't give actual rpm because my tach reads 4k at idle which sounds about 800-1000. So are these symptoms of a clogged cat? Or should I check into the distributor cap as well?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TriumphFetish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TriumphFetishSend a Private Message to TriumphFetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You say the car runs better with the O2 sensor out / disconnected? If the O2 sensor is old I'd replace it. Sounds like it could be your at least part of the problem. I replaced mine last August, O'Reilly auto had it in stock for 16$.
Hope this helps.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does sound like a clogged up cat to me.
Fadingaway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found the problem it was the distributor cap! I pushed the loose terminal in till I hear a click it still wiggles a tad but oh my lord it Is much much better all of the power is there however little that may be but its there. I'm going to replace the cap but I'm so excited its a Fiero again! Also rats nests!! Behind my tail lights eww

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock