Removing Brake Pedal Switch by reinhart
Started on: 03-18-2014 05:31 PM
Replies: 2 (494 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 03-18-2014 07:47 PM
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having trouble removing the switch for the brake lights on the brake pedal. I haven't found any detailed removal info on this in the archives. Just to remove connectors from the switches and rotate them counterclockwise. The problem is the cruise control switch prevents the brake switch from rotating and vice versa. Any tips appreciated. This is an 88GT with manual and cruise.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

I'm having trouble removing the switch for the brake lights on the brake pedal. I haven't found any detailed removal info on this in the archives. Just to remove connectors from the switches and rotate them counterclockwise. The problem is the cruise control switch prevents the brake switch from rotating and vice versa. Any tips appreciated. This is an 88GT with manual and cruise.

It's been a REALLY long time... but there should be a nut or something on the other side that's keeping it in. I can't remember for the life of me. Does this picture help any?

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. I ended up just yanking the lower one (cruise switch) straight out. It chewed it up a little bit on the threads but worked. After that one was out I unscrewed the brake switch. I didn't see any other way and still don't.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock