3800 fiero will not start by fierofan25
Started on: 03-16-2014 05:45 PM
Replies: 9 (252 views)
Last post by: fierofan25 on 03-18-2014 06:32 PM
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800 fiero and it was running ok and then just died and now it will roll over and then try to start but will not. It will backfire a little too. Replaced the ignition control module and it have 70 psi fuel pressure. I am thinking crankshaft sensor but not sure. Thanks

[This message has been edited by fierofan25 (edited 03-16-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any codes and I would also agree on the crank sensor, did you check for proper spark. Also check the pins on the crank sensor and the connector for it I have seen the pins bent or the connector pins pushed back in before killing the engine. Dan
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check your ICM ground and coil packs.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 03-16-2014).]

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofan25:

I have a 3800 fiero and it was running ok and then just died and now it will roll over and then try to start but will not. It will backfire a little too. Replaced the ignition control module and it have 70 psi fuel pressure. I am thinking crankshaft sensor but not sure. Thanks

70 psi of fuel pressure is too much. Stock spec is 50psi static (no vac / no boost acting on regulator).

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

jsmorter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
usually if the crank sensor is bad it will not fire at all
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the fuel pump relay and try to start it on starting fluid.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

fierofan25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Went out and adjusted the fuel pressure to 50 psi and it started,but run awful and then died and would not restart. So I pulled all the spark plugs and they were soaked with fuel. Also when all this started I thought it ran out of gas so I pushed on the fuel pressure valve { the one you hook the fuel pressure tester to} and very little fuel came out. So I got some fuel and then it would not restart. could I have gotten some bad gas. I put some in a glass jar and it looks ok . Thanks
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clean your MAF. Try that.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofan25:

So I pulled all the spark plugs and they were soaked with fuel.

I would recommend installing new spark plugs at this point. I've run into a few instances in the past where I've had spark plugs get fouled with gas, and no matter how well I cleaned them, the engine never ran right until I put a fresh (new) set of spark plugs in.

fierofan25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a new set of spark plugs and it fired up first try, but was hunting for idle. So installed another IAC that I had and it runs great now. Thanks Guys for the help.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock