TH 125 shifting problem by h.d.fire
Started on: 03-16-2014 02:01 PM
Replies: 3 (223 views)
Last post by: KurtAKX on 03-17-2014 11:36 PM
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello guys,
I purchased a low mileage (26K mile) '86 SE last fall, car has the 2.8 & automatic.
The car runs great but has a transmission issue. It will shift into all gears, moves forward and
in reverse, but as you accelerate it will not shift out of 1st gear. Manually shifting it from low to
drive makes no difference.
I've purchased another good low mile trans. from another forum member but I thought I'd ask for input
from you folks before I went through the work of dropping the cradle to change out the transmissions.
Anything I can look for or check?
Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fluid is Good level? You Sure?

Late/no up shift can maybe TV cable but more likely Governor problems.

Can DIY it but be very careful. Gov'ner drives VSS. Bent/bad spring etc here and you need a trans shop.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 03-16-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had that happen. I tore into the trans, everything Looked perfect inside the trans, BUT a Big Spring ( can't remember right now what it's called )(Accumulator ?) had Broken in half, inside the trans, very easy to change ( I had the trans OUT, but as I remember it shouldn't be too hard with the trans still In.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My TH125 lost 2nd gear, so it seemed like it wouldn't shift...until you drove it really hard, and then it would take 3rd when you let up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock