Transmissions swap by zzzhuh
Started on: 03-15-2014 01:31 AM
Replies: 2 (311 views)
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 03-15-2014 04:48 PM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I hope we are all doing well and am making it through this brutal winter

On a different note I am going to be swapping a 3.8SC engine in the near future and have read that the 5 speed getrag is the best transmission for this swap.
I personally have a 4 speed manual 1986 fiero Gt and found a good priced transmission on Craigslist that came out of a 1988 Gt. As far as swaps go I couldn't find much on this topic and am rather interested to hear about it. Anyone here that could provide a link for this swap or just some basic info would be really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

------------------
The wetter the better

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If going with 5 speed you are better off doing an F23 swap, it's said to be a much stronger and smoother 5 speed. For strength of stock trans I don't think it would matter which one, I have a muncie on my 3800sc and I open it up all the time, but the gear ratio is absolutely painful on the highway as you may know.. They would probably both fail equally if you abuse them with shock load, after all you are doubling the power rating.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the automatic tranney that came with the motor.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock