Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  rebuilt engine runs but smokes after idling for a while? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
rebuilt engine runs but smokes after idling for a while? by new-b
Started on: 03-11-2014 09:50 PM
Replies: 40 (2799 views)
Last post by: Georelle on 04-12-2015 10:05 PM
Georelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeorelleSend a Private Message to GeorelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With an '86 you should use the umbrella seal type I believe. Check out the link below. That is basically what I followed when I replaced mine. If you look down in this post right after the spring clips are taken off you can see the old valve seal coming off and the new on in blue going on. This is the type I used and no o-rings. There were no o-rings on mine when I took it apart.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-120630.html

The numbers on the box for the valve stem seals I have is 122-1077 and a search found the link below. I would NOT fully trust this part number. Triple check it for your vehicle.

http://www.northernautoparts.com/part/s4-122-1077

It sounds like you had the same gasket set I did. It was a Victor Reinz and only had 4 umbrella type stems seals that were too big and had some o-rings that were not for my engine. I think part of the confusion for mine was the motor is an 86, I believe, and my car is an 84. I just bought the car a year ago and I had no idea the motor had been replaced at some time. It was in bad need of an overhaul but it did run well. The compression was very low and there were two different sets of pistons in it.

I hope this helps and gets your car running right.

Cheers
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock