Iron Duke head, what one do I use by Fadingaway
Started on: 03-10-2014 12:08 AM
Replies: 3 (173 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 03-10-2014 11:14 AM
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got a head thinking something may be up with mine and was hoping someone could shed some light on what one I should use and for what reasons thanks

The top one was the head that was on my motor the bottom I just purchased not sure which to use after seeing the differences
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks to me that your manifold won't bolt up to the new one. Here's a list of some of what's out there that will interchange.
http://fierosails.com/CylinderHead.html
Fadingaway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They line up that's just the other side. The heads are identical except for the springs/valves which is my concern I pulled it off a 70,000 original mile Fiero which this head and other things about my motor lead me to believe the head isint original. The head I pulled off of mine doesn't even have casing numbers on it and the fact that the car runs poorly and the valves don't go all of the way Down makes me reluctant to use it
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The valves don't go all the way down?..... How do you know that?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock