insignificant truely . but, good wiper blades for an 88 by tomsablon
Started on: 03-09-2014 09:22 PM
Replies: 10 (364 views)
Last post by: st88fiero on 03-12-2014 06:01 PM
tomsablon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what lasts and doesn't squeak (if there is such a thing.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All Fiero windshields are the same. Old blades dry out and squeak, while new blades don't. Rain-X on the windshield helps too. Just make the glass clean before you apply it. I have found that with wiper blades you get what you pay for.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long do you want/expect 'em to last? I expect to get a year of streak/noise free and anything beyond that is just a bonus.

I'd recommend something with teflon on it, that should prevent any squeaking. At least until the teflon wears off. I just put some Goodyear teflon coated ones on my wife's new-to-her car, and they work well. Cost about $8 each.

I don't mind paying up to about $10 each, once a year or so, but if that bothers you, have a look around for some that you can put refills in. Should only cost a couple of bucks every year to replace the rubber in 'em. Might be able to do so with your current blades.

And I can second the previous post on making sure your windshield is clean(heavy duty degreaser, don't get any on your paint and make sure it doesn't say "don't use on glass") and putting on rain-x. I'd say it'll act like a lubricant(with the aid of water) and keep things quiet/smooth.
TbirdMarc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TbirdMarcClick Here to visit TbirdMarc's HomePageSend a Private Message to TbirdMarcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had very good experience with WalMart Tech brand wiper blades, if you can believe that.
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always get mine from the [GM] dealer. (I realize that Anco makes them.) Metal wiper blade with the correct refill that looks factory. Not the cheap bulky plastic one's found as replacements. A few dollars more with my discount, but worth it. Plus they seem to last longer, but I always use Rain-X washer fluid.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DRIVE FASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr
Sundowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SundownerSend a Private Message to SundownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rain-X it really good and you won't even need the wipers
tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i'll try a combo approach using all the posts.-clear glass with degreaser(for glass). a little more expensive blade,apply rain-x,
put rain-x in the fluid. for the going faster part--- well yeah ! thanks
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never found any wiper blade last a year on any car. My Fieros stay parked in a garage and see limited use and the wiper blades just stiffen up because of limited use. I just put on a new set of blades periodically.
ILVMYGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was having problem with some relative new wiper blades made by Michelin. Tried a glass cleaner that is like a rubbing compound. Works very good takes all the residue off the glass including the water spots. Did not help, RainX did not help. Stumbled across a thread the said Michelin have a tendency to chatter. Replace with an ANCO blade and problem went away and is still gone after about a year. The blade lengths were 24 and 20 inches. With that being said the Michelins work well on another car that had shorter blades.

For the daily drivers I change the blade about once a year. For cars less driven, I block the blades off the windshield so the blade does not take a set. I don't know if it helps, but it makes me feel better.

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed Black with gray interior
3800 SCII Swap.
Paint in Progress

IT RUNS!!
IT'S QUICK!!

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

st88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for st88fieroSend a Private Message to st88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are not looking for the car to have historical blades I would suggest the RAIN-X Latitudes blades. Yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I use them on all the daily drivers, and they are amazing. You can usually find instant rebates if you look for them on sale.

I also came across a Good Year version they sell at Costco and they were pretty much the same, and very reasonable on price.

Both lasted about a year, and i decided to change them, but they were not chattering at all, just not wiping as perfect as I had used to be treated to.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock