3800 Torque and Alignment by NightMare Cruiser
Started on: 03-09-2014 06:58 PM
Replies: 3 (158 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 03-11-2014 12:58 AM
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any way that Torque can screw up a brand new "rear" alignment? I had my Fiero (3800SC) aligned at a Brake / Alignment shop. That's all they do! Today I got on it (floored it). When I pulled off I noticed my steering wheel wasn't straight anymore. The car drove straight however the wheel was "leaning" slightly to the left. Even last year when I got my car aligned at another shop After awhile the steering wheel was "leaning to the right. Still went straight but leaning to the right. I double checked the cradle bolts and mount bolts.

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!
http://s1277.beta.photobuck...50016365924013387734

After all the work, It's time to drive it!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nebiros88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't sound rear end related. Check your tie rods and steering rack mounts. I have come across tons of vehicles that "just had alignment" and the tech forgot to tighten the tie rod nuts.

Good luck
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They might not have centered the steering wheel. The toe in may be correct, but was set with the steering wheel off center. Easy for them to correct. Engine torque will not affect alignment unless something is loose or broken. They should have checked for anything like that before the alignment.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had this happen when my rear camber changes.....

-Mitch

------------------
My Car - 87' GT 3800sc
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay