Speed sensor harness by LornesGT
Started on: 03-08-2014 11:42 PM
Replies: 4 (75 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 03-09-2014 11:00 AM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the engine pulled finally and took out the harness so I could clean the engine, Wow it's an oil mess.
Now on to the question. The speed sensor harness has two connector coming out of the bundle. One was tucked back on the the clip that hold the harness from getting damaged. The connect looks the same as the one that clips to the sensor. What should it be connected to?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageClick Here to Email phonedawgzSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Dk. Blue/Lt. Green wired connector goes to the 5 speed reverse switch. Not used on 4 speeds.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! So i have a 5 speed set off to the side for now.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 03-09-2014).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those were in the 86 4-speeds, in preparation for the introduction of the Getrag. Outwardly they appear the same, but if you look inside the tips, you'll see that one is female and the other is male. I don't remember which is which, but they're designed that so as not to plug into the wrong function. Imagine your backup lights getting brighter and brighter as you gain speed.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I changed them to amber and made it look like after burners, I wouldn't mind.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 03-09-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock