Door window/window motor by raysr11
Started on: 03-08-2014 07:28 PM
Replies: 3 (108 views)
Last post by: gtoformula on 03-08-2014 11:41 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have your door apart to put in a new window how much more trouble would it be to install a new window motor? (having never done either)

[This message has been edited by raysr11 (edited 03-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much more work it you're already in the door. Large aluminum rivets secure the window motor and regulator. I think that there are five and they are easy to drill out. You can replace them with 1/4" x 1/2" bolts, but I'd use locking nuts to keep them tight. While you're in there I'd highly recommend removing the regulator tracks. A few decades of that old lubricant makes it turn in something like dried caulking. Makes the windows slow. Mine were real slow. I cleaned up all the tracks, relubed them and put it all back together. Took some time, but I will never have to do it again. They go up and down much faster now.
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the reply. What did you use for lube on the tracks?
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White lithium grease. Not the spray can type.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock