Help ! by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 03-06-2014 09:15 PM
Replies: 10 (243 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 03-08-2014 10:54 AM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ready to pull what's left of my hair out ! Can anyone think of WHY terminal "M" of the 203 plug in my 87 GT would be "HOT" instead of ground ??? Isn't "M" supposed to be ground ? ( This is checking with the 203 Plug "Unplugged") Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not any more help from me than this chart. Maybe it's get voltage from L or N due to a short but I don't know. I just found this in the archives.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say that if it is not grounded on the other end that it floats high. If you have it unplugged thay may be the reason it shows voltage on it, you need to have all the grounds in place for voltage readings to be valid. Larry
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trotterlg:

I would say that if it is not grounded on the other end that it floats high. If you have it unplugged thay may be the reason it shows voltage on it, you need to have all the grounds in place for voltage readings to be valid. Larry

This is the correct answer to your question. If a circuit is not complete the hot will just pass through.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have continuity to ground on the drivetrain half (white) of the C203M circuit?
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phonedawgs supplied a Diagram that "I think" should work for me. ( Diagrams work for me, "Testing" with the multi meter I'm not so "Sure" of if I'm doing it correctly. I AM retaining the" original "3 prong oil pressure sender. I was just afraid of hooking 203 "M" to ground when it is coming up "HOT", didn't want to fry my new harness ! Thanks to all, hope this will finish it.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's a lot of " in one post
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Phonedawgs supplied a Diagram that "I think" should work for me. ( Diagrams work for me, "Testing" with the multi meter I'm not so "Sure" of if I'm doing it correctly. I AM retaining the" original "3 prong oil pressure sender. I was just afraid of hooking 203 "M" to ground when it is coming up "HOT", didn't want to fry my new harness ! Thanks to all, hope this will finish it.

I don't think there is a problem, if you are really concerned you can touch that pin to a ground through a 5 amp fuse, if its wrong it will pop the fuse before frying any wiring.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, that Seems to have done it ! it didn't fry anything and the fuel pump now initializes. Now the 1 last thing (or 2) . I need to install the "correct" fuel pump, and find out why the pressure goes to 55 then drops. But, hey, IT RUNS !
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
for the future, that's a real good idea about using a 5 amp fuse ! Thanks
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

well, that Seems to have done it ! it didn't fry anything and the fuel pump now initializes. Now the 1 last thing (or 2) . I need to install the "correct" fuel pump, and find out why the pressure goes to 55 then drops. But, hey, IT RUNS !

makesure to replace the piece of hose inside the tank with the RIGHT kind of hose, it needs a piece of special submersible fuel hose.
http://www.gates.com/brochu...5091&location_id=541
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock