Vacuum container by Lou and Blue
Started on: 03-05-2014 10:23 PM
Replies: 3 (125 views)
Last post by: masospaghetti on 03-06-2014 04:15 PM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get over the fact that the stock vacuum canister on my 85 GT looks just like a 1980's Hi-C can. I actually thought someone made a makeshift vacuum canister from a coffee can or something. But I find this was factory. Wow. Just don't look right.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's frequently referred to as the juice can. It's about the same size, and I believe a while back, someone used a juice can to transfer the valve from an original canister.
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not used it on a fiero, but the chevy g-vans have a nice plastic round ball type one I've swapped to a few vehicles over the years whose cans rusted out or there was no longer space for the original. They only have one port though iirc, there was a ford that looked the same but had two ports.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a pineapple juice can for a short while, I cut the top off my old one to use the vacuum valve. It snapped right into the bracket. I ended up buying a new one from TFS which included a new check valve. In typical fashion, the TFS mounting bracket broke the first time I tried to mount it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock