Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Pics of hack-job ecm wires and engine groumd spnip.. where do they go???

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pics of hack-job ecm wires and engine groumd spnip.. where do they go??? by logical1
Started on: 03-05-2014 01:13 PM
Replies: 10 (301 views)
Last post by: theogre on 03-06-2014 12:55 AM
logical1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very pissed abt this all so I've been going off the check list of issues and thought back to these wires I dunno if its possible they are tge reason y my signals dont work when headlights on. Even if not id just like everything to be hooked up properly. Also ground in engine looks loke above tranny. So uuuhhhhh yea anybody know where I need to be ??

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 550
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tan ground on engine is ground for O2 sensor.

ECM are label for pin...
what color and numbers? black 1, white 16, etc.

I'm guessing goes to ALDL because has orn wire to B1 I think
If so... blk/wht is ground and wht/blk is data out.

If missing ALDL...
ALDL has "live" power on two pins when fuel pump is on and TCC is lock. Means have other wires to fix...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's far from the most hacked up 4 cylinder Fiero I've ever seen.

BTW, you never mentioned the year, engine, or transmission.

The Factory Service manuals are out there in PDF, available for free download.
FSM will tell you what those wires are, where they go, where they splice, where the grounds are and what connectors they pass through.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 307
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the pin-out drawing for the two ECM connectors... this one is the black one:

... and this one is the white one:

You should be able to figure out most of your wiring issues with these two drawings.
logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I apologize its an 88 2.5/5speed. And not sure on pin numbers, bc im picking up my daughter now and not there. Glad to hear its not the worst hacked fiero thats been see . Thats a lil comforting. Lol. makes since since they cutt exhaust and ran straifht pipe. I guess id have tovweld in o2 sensor so it doesnt run rich? ?? Or is it ok?
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The O2 sensor should be in the exhaust manifold, upstream of the stuff they cut off/bypassed. There's only one O2 sensor, unlike more modern cars.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it looks like they snipped the wires for the ALDL connector. Also, the fuel pump power wire branches off to the ALDL connector (tan with white stripe). And the TCC solenoid wire too (tan with black stripe). The fuel pump wire is a power wire, and will short out if it touches the chassis while the engine is running. The TCC solenoid wire is a ground, and will lock the torque converter if it touches the chassis.

Hope that helps.

Edit to add: I may still have an ALDL connector from a 4-cyl with an automatic transmission. If you want, I'll dig around in my big box of wires and see if it's still there.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-05-2014).]

logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I'def like that connector if you have it. I can send you $$ for it. Also will need to see a pic of some1s setup so I can figure best way to run wires. So basically the tan-blk wire in the tranny pic is for the torque converter not o2 and needs to be conneced with white/blk stripe --black/white stripe and spliced with fuel pump tan and brown wire via the aldl connector that im missing...?

[This message has been edited by logical1 (edited 03-05-2014).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, the tan / black wire on the transmission is different. That one is the ground for the O2 sensor. There should be another tan / black wire somewhere by the ECM that's snipped. THAT one is for the torque converter.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-05-2014).]

logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, im sure there is bc ive noticed a tan wire; but it was up under the dash area.. ill get to those later only like 3 or 4 there. So basically from me googling the aldl connector and the input im recieving here, it seems like aldl is pretty much a dead end for the lines and a testing point.. I still want the connector just to have it wired properly and for diagnosic purposes. So for my test rides untill I get my aldl I should secure those wires to avoid any bullshht
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 550
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seen DIS Brick etc above so I knew 87+ L4 engine but I switch two wires... correct data here.

Originally posted by theogre:
tan ground on engine is ground for O2 sensor.

I'm guessing goes to ALDL because has orn wire to B1 I think is data out. ALDL M
If so... blk/wht is ground, ALDL A, and wht/blk is data out. enable data stream etc ALDL B

ALDL G is tan/wht wire to fuel pump.

Check O2 sensor... maybe PO switch to 2 wire O2.

Originally posted by Bloozberry:
Here is the pin-out drawing for the two ECM connectors... this one is the black one...

Try DRIVEABILITY AND EMISSIONS - FUEL INJECTION (TBI) 6E2-A-1
that section is accurate and more info.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay