Heater Hose At The Bottom of The Intake on 1988 2.5 Engine by WHIZKID355
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:55 PM
Replies: 7 (315 views)
Last post by: theogre on 03-04-2014 11:52 AM
WHIZKID355

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHIZKID355Send a Private Message to WHIZKID355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone. This question was archived back in 2006 and information I cannot find real well on the net, but basically I have a broken Heater Hose & fitting on my Intake Manifold. It's a quick disconnect hose. I seem to have found the fitting for the Quick Disconnect hose, but cant find the actual Quick Disconnect hose anymore for it. All I can seem to find are basic heater hoses which dont look like they will work with a quick disconnect. I cant find a part number to this quick disconnect hose or it would help me here. Can anyone of you experts guide me in the right direction to getting one to work for this? It's a 1988 Fiero with the 4 Cylinder engine. Thanks again in advance.

[This message has been edited by WHIZKID355 (edited 03-02-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick disconnect radiator type hose? Could you post a pic?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Heater

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

WHIZKID355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHIZKID355Send a Private Message to WHIZKID355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need The Entire Hose & Pipe Molded To It

theorge got it. Please see his link above to show what I need. I have the Quick Disconnect, but the hose & pipe I have were damaged during engine removal so I need another pipe & hose. I have the Quick Disconnect fitting, but cannot find this hose anywhere online.

[This message has been edited by WHIZKID355 (edited 03-03-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use a cutoff wheel to remove the hose crimp on the chassis side, next use a brass fitting with a hose barb at the intake manifold, then get a new length of heater hose and use hose clamps on the 2 ends.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing he's wreck the metal tube...

Quick fix
just use normal plumbing parts and reduce output to 9/32 inch to reduce flow (not hose/plumbing size)

I have post an update to that page... (Thought was done awhile back but guess missed it.)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 03-03-2014).]

WHIZKID355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHIZKID355Send a Private Message to WHIZKID355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again theogre nailed it. Thanks for the info bud. I know what must be done now. Im going to try my luck on some wrecking yards, but if I have no luck I will simply do what you sugested. Thanks again everyone for your input. :-)
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
look for 87 - 92 VIN R and VIN U engines. Likely use same or similar tube.

Possible Problems...
Engine does moves (See my Cave, Torque Strut) and using normal plumbing parts could stress the short hose for this reason. Make sure you have enough hose. Iffy dog bone can breaks things. GM fitting allow hose to move a little. Auto trans is worse but stick can have same problem.

If you put hose barb so hose is long as possible w/o kinking is a good plan.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock