ECM Fuel prime issue by pgold
Started on: 03-02-2014 06:49 PM
Replies: 2 (167 views)
Last post by: pgold on 03-02-2014 08:58 PM
pgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgoldSend a Private Message to pgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 88 GT with a automatic trans. I can't seem to get the ECM to prime the the fuel system on initial start up. I checked the fuel pump relay and it seems to be fine. I disconnected the relay and tested the green and white wire that comes from the ECM to see if it has any power when the key is turned. I got no power there to the relay. Should i have a positive charge that will light my test light? What is the best way to resolve this problem of the pump turning on upon initial start up. Also there is another relay right next to the fuel pump relay and I'm not sure what it is for . Can this relay be effecting anything?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the one" next to it" is for the AC.
pgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgoldSend a Private Message to pgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading the thread above that someone else was having the same problem with their ECM not priming the fuel pump, I checked the green and white wire from the ECM and found there was a bad wire. I ran a new wire from the computer to the relay plug. I then found that i also had a bad relay. Finally got the problem solved and things are working again. Thanks to all of you here posting your comments it really helps us low tech guys to resolve these tricky issues and help keep these cars on the road.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock