Free download for WinALDL, any good? by BrittB
Started on: 03-02-2014 05:35 PM
Replies: 8 (805 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 03-04-2014 07:30 AM
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used the free download for WinALDL?

http://winaldl.joby.se/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep having some weird problem on this forum where half the links on the page aren't clickable, unless I wait for a minute. But I got into it. Yes, that's the same installer that I used. I use that program constantly, it works very well. I downloaded it again and made sure the checksum matches mine, it's the same file.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

Has anyone used the free download for WinALDL?

http://winaldl.joby.se/

Just so you know... if you run a search here for winaldl.joby.se you'll get 108 hits.

So yeah, a few people here have used it.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, now I just need the correct cable to make the connection!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WinALDL is a nice little program for helping to diagnose issues. There's a ton of stuff I don't understand about using the program, but with what little I do comprehend, it's great.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting at zero so compared to you, your a Sheldon Cooper!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

...your a Sheldon Cooper!

Is that a good thing?

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmm, I mean that in a good way! :-)
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TunerPro RT is free to download and runs 100% after a 10 second nag screen. You can purchase a license and avoid the nag screen however that is never needed. TunerPro is easier to use, unlike WinALDL will cover all engines and years of Fiero's, and offers more features.

TunerPro RT can be downloaded at http://tunerpro.net however a complete version including definitions for all Fiero's and most of GM's OBD1 vehicles along with instillation instructions can be downloaded using the link at the bottom of the webpage where I sell USB to ALDL direct cables at http://reddeviilriver.com/aldl.html

The disk will work with my direct USB to ALDL cables, but it will also work with homemade ALDL cables. Note - All stock Fieros use pin E protocol so you can get by with a serial cable that only is wired for pin E for Fiero only service. I do sell a serial to Pin E ALDL cable also but if you wish to make your own -

You do need the R3 10K resistor to be in place on all Fieros

Yes this cable will work with either WinALDL or TunerPro RT. This cable however will only work with Pin E ALDL vehicles. No you can't just move the Pin M wire of a Pin M vehicle to Pin E and use this cable since the data is different on Pin M vehicles.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 03-04-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock