TRW Pistons for iron duke by Fadingaway
Started on: 02-27-2014 07:59 PM
Replies: 10 (678 views)
Last post by: DisplacementIsKing on 03-01-2015 11:14 PM
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
248sf-so anyone know where I can get these?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fadingaway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news, I came across the part number doing research into building a more powerful duke thats not a super duty. I did find everything I was looking for at autozone. 9.0:1 CR standard size piston H547CP. Anyone looking to build a duke these pistons are what you want.
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that lower than the stock duke CR?
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the stock replacement part.
There is nothing desirable about that part for performance use. No increase in compression, not forged, not lighter weight, no gains.
Fadingaway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was under the impression duke stock ratio was 8.5:1 I guess you can't believe everything you read
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fadingaway:

I was under the impression duke stock ratio was 8.5:1 I guess you can't believe everything you read

It's a vague memory but I think maybe the earliest generation dukes were 8.5:1. The version used in Fieros is 9.0:1 though.
DisplacementIsKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisplacementIsKingSend a Private Message to DisplacementIsKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you were looking for flat pistons to up the CR here is a link: http://www.summitracing.com...le-2242034/overview/
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the duke is not a particularly good engine to soup up. the lower end has limitations in strength and the cylinder walls are not all that strong.

it has been tried numerous times, but for the cost of materials and time, it certainly will not satisfy in the long run

You will likely spend less and get more power out of an Ecotec swap.

Arn

------------------

Fadingaway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well kinda weird to bring up this old thread, I ended up putting a 3800 supercharged in my car.
DisplacementIsKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisplacementIsKingSend a Private Message to DisplacementIsKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh good for you, saw the link from Google while searching for flat pistons just thought I would share
DisplacementIsKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisplacementIsKingSend a Private Message to DisplacementIsKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DisplacementIsKing

58 posts
Member since May 2014
I know this is an old thread, would there be enough valve clearance with flat pistons in a stock 2.5 duke? It would up the CR nicely.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock