V Belt Issue by FieroJosh1993
Started on: 02-26-2014 11:13 PM
Replies: 5 (118 views)
Last post by: theogre on 02-27-2014 04:20 PM
FieroJosh1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, so i have an issue with my V belt. I have a 2.5L automatic. When Im driving to school in the morning with lights on everything is fine until I get to a stop light, when the car starts to idle as I wait for the light the lights get dimmer and the voltage gauge on goes from 15v to 12 or lower. When I start to go again the belt squeals until i get up the rpm. The belt is tightened all the way, as far as it can go. I do have a coolant leak on, i think its around the water pump. Im watching it to find it 100%. I think it may be effecting the belt. but if you guys can point me in the right direction that be great.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put a UV dye in your water pull it inside turn off all the lights and turn a UV light on and Youll deff see where its leaking. it will glow bright.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJosh1993:

When I start to go again the belt squeals until i get up the rpm. The belt is tightened all the way, as far as it can go.

The belt could just be worn out.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or a bad bearing in the water pump could be causing the belt to slip.
FieroJosh1993

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will look into it. I couldnt find the coolant leak yet. I will try the UV dye later this week. I did replace one hose today and I have another ordered. I replaced the belt as well. It was stretched out as far as it could go and was falling apart due to the coolant. new belt is working well but I need to fix the coolant leaks so it doesnt happen again.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coolant Will kill any belt. Coolant have additives that lube/protect WP seal.

1. fix the leak
2. Clean All pulleys. tips See my Cave, Serpent Belt
3. use New belts

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock