rack mount bushings by spcearle
Started on: 02-26-2014 09:19 PM
Replies: 4 (183 views)
Last post by: spcearle on 02-27-2014 12:30 AM
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so heres my thought or idea...im redoing the rack in my 87 and have pretty much come to the conclusion that finding new mount bushings to be impossible...well here is my thought or should say idea...
is it possible to use large sway bar bushings and shaving and reshaping the one side to make it d shaped inside....could this be possible

does anyone by chance know the diameter of the iside of the mounts or of the rack itself

again this is just a brainstorm idea so any input would be great
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those bushings really that hard to find? Are there 2 different parts or just one?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed my 88 rack bushing and had no idea that they were not avalible, so i purchased one from a newer toyota truck. I cut the old one in half so i could keep the overall shape, and cut down the new poly one to fit, its not pretty, but it works. Ill get some pics on here soon.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Gall757:

Are those bushings really that hard to find? Are there 2 different parts or just one?

Not sure about 84-87, but the large one on the 88 rack is no longer avalible, the part number is searchable on the net, but its not instock.
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to pull my rack off my car cause I'm waiting for my parts to get here but does anyone have an 84-87 rack not in a car that might be able to get a dia measurement of the 2 bushings.... It just seems like a possible solution plus an option for adding poly bushings there to stiffen things up

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock