Started on: 02-26-2014 02:40 AM
Replies: 9 (622 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 02-27-2014 10:32 AM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this and thought that it was a great ideal......

never thought of mounting one there...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not hidden anymore, he just told everybody where it is. Guess he will need to find a new spot now.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nifty place for sure.... but dude sounds like a tool.
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have people not heard of mini-tripods?

Or at the least sitting the camera down and just aiming it where you want it to go, then do some post editing to make the transitions not jerky?

But yeah now roughly over 112,000 people know how to steal his Civic.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

But yeah now roughly over 112,000 people know how to steal his Civic.

Yeah and 0 want to.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No... see... what you do is this:

The load can be anything you want... all battery power to the ignition switch, just the coil, just the fuel pump (pump wouldn't work too well with the ecm priming and then turning it off though), ecm, etc.

You run a +12v trigger from pretty much any CURRENT FACTORY SWITCH that gets constant 12v power (power mirror lead, headlight or parking light switch, etc.), know that you only need to trigger it for a split second (i.e. just tap it), but you already have to have the key in the run position. Once you trigger the relay, the circuit has power until you turn the key off, severing the connection and shutting the relay off. The relay automatically breaks the circuit, and the only way to get it to work again is to use the same trigger (headlight switch, mirror switch, etc.) with the key in the run position.

The only thing about the relay cutting all power to the ignition switch is you would have to use the same trigger if you wanted to turn the key back to accessory. So long as you don't install this in a visible spot, nobody will ever be the wiser to what you need to do to start the car. I plan on doing this with all my vehicles, I just haven't done it yet :P
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doober:

No... see... what you do is this:

The load can be anything you want... all battery power to the ignition switch, just the coil, just the fuel pump (pump wouldn't work too well with the ecm priming and then turning it off though), ecm, etc.

You run a +12v trigger from pretty much any CURRENT FACTORY SWITCH that gets constant 12v power (power mirror lead, headlight or parking light switch, etc.), know that you only need to trigger it for a split second (i.e. just tap it), but you already have to have the key in the run position. Once you trigger the relay, the circuit has power until you turn the key off, severing the connection and shutting the relay off. The relay automatically breaks the circuit, and the only way to get it to work again is to use the same trigger (headlight switch, mirror switch, etc.) with the key in the run position.

The only thing about the relay cutting all power to the ignition switch is you would have to use the same trigger if you wanted to turn the key back to accessory. So long as you don't install this in a visible spot, nobody will ever be the wiser to what you need to do to start the car. I plan on doing this with all my vehicles, I just haven't done it yet :P

That's a pretty cool idea! I don't know that I would want to ALWAYS have to deal with it though, I could see that being on my nerves occasionally. I don't feel a need for a kill switch ALL the time, just in rare occasions in a questionable part of town or something but that is definitely stealthy. I like it.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen and used some of the most unusual things as kill switches.
putting the turn signal on or the starter won't engage,
turning a map lite on,
switches in all sorts of places out of the ordinary,
under the ashtray,
under the seat,
under the dash,
in the glove box,

But ya now a few million people know just where he put his.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 02-26-2014).]

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another thing that I've read/heard about (or maybe the thought was just in my head), some simply wire up a cigarette lighter socket that would trigger a relay, etc. where if you didn't have a lighter "plug":
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYEEwRkTTSbzJcErQt6PQ_zyWApy8Gma_cuHsaMA04OvvdU9Ax[/img]

with the + and - terminals shorted, they wouldn't route power to something else, like the fuel pump or ECM. In other words, if you removed this lighter plug, the car wouldn't start. It could be hidden or in plain sight.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cigarette lighter works. I had one on my Firebird. I just wired the hot lead to the distributor through through the switch. no relay needed

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock