Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  New Old School Mod, Goodbye Blue Dingie Thingie Hello Bitching Betty

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Old School Mod, Goodbye Blue Dingie Thingie Hello Bitching Betty by dematrix86gt
Started on: 02-25-2014 04:20 PM
Replies: 12 (495 views)
Last post by: imabuzzkill on 02-26-2014 05:19 PM
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in the 80's i built Lots and LOTS of mini trucks for people. One of the most requested item was to install Bitching Betty. Anyone that drove a Higher end nissan (maxima 300zx ect) knows who bitching betty is. For those that dont, Its a Audible Control Warning Module . AKA Bitching Betty. Instead of hearing the DING DING DING you hear "Your emergency Brake is ON" Left door is open, right door is open, rear trunk is open, headlights are on, key is in the ignition, Warning fuel level is low.. Just thought it was time for a Old school upgrade and Bury the BDT for good. Demo on how it works

And yes it does mute your stereo when you tap the speaker leads.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Betty's boyfriend worked for Chrysler I think.....he was in my '85 LeBaron sedan. It took me 3 months to kill that guy. Every week or so he would say "your door is ajar".....and then shut up for another week.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-25-2014).]

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive actually pulled and installed those too along with the Information center out of the Chryslers. THe cheesy one that shows the door open. Yeah ppl liked all that suff back in the day.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine had a 280z with her. Loved it.

------------------

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its as easy or easier than hooking a BCM up in a fiero.
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked with Chrysler in 80-81. The module had a switch on the back. If I remember right it was English/Spanish German/French.
Sometimes when we got a salesman Demo request, we would switch it to screw with them. Of course we would get it back pretty quick to switch it back. The service reps would always be rolling.
It always seemed that the voice had a lisp. Imagine Daffy Duck or Silvester saying "the key is in the ignition"
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one in my Chrys New Yorker. I was driving down the highway when it came on and told me I was low on gas. I kept driving trying to find a gas station and it kept telling me I was low on gas. That went on for a time when I said "I know I'm low so shut up". I disconnected it when I got home. Never heard another word.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You had the Bitching Bill version. LMAO You yelling at your car made me bust out laughing and blow tea across the table,, ha ha i needed that

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I had one in my Chrys New Yorker. I was driving down the highway when it came on and told me I was low on gas. I kept driving trying to find a gas station and it kept telling me I was low on gas. That went on for a time when I said "I know I'm low so shut up". I disconnected it when I got home. Never heard another word.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-25-2014).]

armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Ive actually pulled and installed those too along with the Information center out of the Chryslers. THe cheesy one that shows the door open. Yeah ppl liked all that suff back in the day.

I remember going on a school field trip when I rode with somebody's parents who had a brand new car. It had that Chrysler information center thing. Every time one of the kids opened a door, the LED display would light up and Bitching Bill would announce what was going on. It was the 80s, and I loved computers, so I thought it was the most awesome car I had ever seen.

I wonder if they ever offered this on the 3rdgen Trans-Am. Too bad the voice doesn't match KITT though.

For anyone wondering, here's some demos of what some Chrysler versions were like:
1986 Laser
1987 New Yorker
1986 New Yorker versus Speak and Spell
Orig88GT-NC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anybody's interested there is one on eBay right now....buy it now @ $35.00
(Not mine)........
http://pages.ebay.com/motor...view&id=180981069275

Got to many other things going on myself....

[This message has been edited by Orig88GT-NC (edited 02-25-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I yanked the blue dingy thing out of the car, randomly dinged, and I didnt need it.

Originally posted by armos:

I wonder if they ever offered this on the 3rdgen Trans-Am. Too bad the voice doesn't match KITT though.

That I would put in

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-26-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing I don't need is another woman bitching at me.
imabuzzkill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imabuzzkillSend a Private Message to imabuzzkillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eddie murphy - "Hey man someone stole your bat-rey. I say we get the muther F*&ker"

Video

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock