Started on: 02-24-2014 08:47 PM
Replies: 6 (211 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 02-24-2014 11:36 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to remove the wing on my Formula, is it a one person job ? How heavy is the wing ? I see how to do it, just want to know what to expect when I do it.

Need to take the wing to the paint shop, they are going to reshoot it, some imperfectons appeared, and they are covering the cost.

Thanks for any info.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ventura

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenturaSend a Private Message to VenturaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Four nuts hold the wing on. It's not that heavy. Do not pop the deck lid open without the wing because it will fly up very hard.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are very light and easy to manage (I think it weighs less than 10 pounds). Pop the trunk, remove the 4 13mm nuts and then close the decklid (with the spoiler still in place). Once it is shut you can remove the spoiler with no drama. Don't open the decklid without the spoiler attached, unless you are prepare to hold it down (it will fly open very quickly f you don't hold it).
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ventura:

Four nuts hold the wing on. It's not that heavy. Do not pop the deck lid open without the wing because it will fly up very hard.

Good info, Thanks

Originally posted by mrfiero:

They are very light and easy to manage (I think it weighs less than 10 pounds). Pop the trunk, remove the 4 13mm nuts and then close the decklid (with the spoiler still in place). Once it is shut you can remove the spoiler with no drama. Don't open the decklid without the spoiler attached, unless you are prepare to hold it down (it will fly open very quickly f you don't hold it).

Thanks, 10-4 on the decklid closed, never would of thought of that.
Ray_and_kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ray_and_kevinSend a Private Message to Ray_and_kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really need to echo the advice on not letting the deck spring open without the wing. You will end up with broken restraining cables. Kevin did not heed that advice when we had a broken support pillar and now we need to buy some cables from Rodney.

Also, if you are going to drive the car for a while with the wing off, you will want to find some sort of rubber plugs to cover the screw holes. You *will* get rain leaking into the trunk.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ray_and_kevin:

Really need to echo the advice on not letting the deck spring open without the wing. You will end up with broken restraining cables. Kevin did not heed that advice when we had a broken support pillar and now we need to buy some cables from Rodney.

Also, if you are going to drive the car for a while with the wing off, you will want to find some sort of rubber plugs to cover the screw holes. You *will* get rain leaking into the trunk.

rubber plug to fill the holes are easy, all cars shipped with roof racks have those plugs in them, because the dealer installs the roof rack when it gets to them, the plugs are ether discarded or sent to the parts department, I would think so they should have some on hand for a minimal cost. and good insurance if you drive it before reinstalling the wing, especially if it rains. they have a screw in the center that after putting them in the holes you simply tighten to expand them. Just ask the parts guys at a dealer.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ray_and_kevin:

I get rain leaking into my Formula's trunk even with the wing in place. I'm going to have to fix that one day.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock