parking brake cables by johnguzman1212
Started on: 02-24-2014 07:10 PM
Replies: 5 (227 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 02-27-2014 08:18 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a 87 fiero 2.5 liter iron duke is is stretched for a murcielago kit car. can you see my problem already ? since I stretched the car 10.5 inches the parking brake cable doesn't make the stretch I need to buy a longer cable or rig something up I know how to already but I was wondering if any one here has used a cable from a different car are they universal mostly? is it possible to use only one cable ,in my case the driver side cable to have the parking brake work just to pass inspection here in texas? i wanted to set up a cable with a Y cable connecter to pull both calipers closed
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lokar makes a universal kit, whatever length you want.

And NO if your not operating both wheels simutaneously, you shouldnt have it. Think about it, in an emergency you pull the brake on the hwy... One wheel locks up, your car goes in that direction, you roll side to side, then you hit the ditch and flip end over end five times, and you die, whilst hopefully not killing someone else at the same time.

A graphic example, but it should get the point across.

------------------

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What if you used a spare hydraulic clutch system to connect the handle to a central ratcheting mechanism?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 SE VIN 9:

What if you used a spare hydraulic clutch system to connect the handle to a central ratcheting mechanism?

No good, e brakes have to be mechanical by law.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to use my ebrakes twice before cause my brakes webt out in my mazda so I wont do the one cable thing . I will look up lokar thanks . one last question... I have no idea how that junction at the rear works on the brake cable no one owns a fiero here so I can watch the parking cable in action my parking park never worked when I bought . there maybe part missing but it looks oem. I have the cable from the handle to rear I just don't know how to install it on that little open long nut thing it looks weird
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?EBrakeAdjust

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128287.html

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 02-27-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay