Phantom "DING" by dematrix86gt
Started on: 02-23-2014 08:41 PM
Replies: 3 (168 views)
Last post by: dematrix86gt on 02-23-2014 09:39 PM
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtClick Here to Email dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok basically everyones had the phantom wipe at one time, Ive developed a phantom Ding from the Blue dingie thingie. Every time it goes off i scan the gauges and everything is fine.
So tnite i grabbed a pack of Led leads and piggybacked each lead from the BTD and labeled them with 1 thru 7. i got a bad imput from somewhere and the LED will tell me which circuit its comming from. testing it the leds work perfect, CKT4 key in, (light on) CKT2 seatbelt (light on) and ect..... anyone else have this problem this is a great way to narrow it down without Removing the BTD.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakClick Here to Email Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about emergency brake operation? If it's on the thin line of the point where it's on or off every little bump and jostle could be setting off the brake light switch even if it's not coming on (like maybe as quick as a flash for instance).

Just throwing that out there.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for e-brake switch. I had it happen in my car years ago, right before I replaced the handle assembly and the switch.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtClick Here to Email dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it sends enough current to set the chime off, the led will come on CKT5. then ill know its that circuit

my led setup.
CKT1 Ignition input (if loss of momentary power Led will blink) (stays on)
CKT2 Seat belt dash input light
CKT3 Seatbelt warning
CKT4 Key in ignition warning
CKT5 Parking brake warning
CKT6 BDT power input (if loss of momentary power Led will blink)(stays on)
CKT7 Lights on warning

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-23-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock