New wheels? by jmdcoolNE07
Started on: 02-21-2014 11:51 PM
Replies: 6 (210 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 02-24-2014 09:46 PM
jmdcoolNE07

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmdcoolNE07Send a Private Message to jmdcoolNE07Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will 15" wheels fit on a 85 GT? Will there be a big difference in how it drives or performance?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BIG difference, No. It will LOOK better. depends on your tires
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you can't get good tires in the original 215/60R14 14" right now, it will improve handling if you get good tires.
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 86 SE V6 auto. This is esentially the same as an 85 Fiero GT auto, IIRC. I am running 215/60R15 Falken ZE912.
Using GPS mileage vs odmeter, I get a 6.5% difference. That's about 75mph when spedo reads 70mph. BTW, the Falkens I have on my car are much better than the Khumo Ecsta 228/40/17 tires that i had on the car, especially in the rain.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Since you can't get good tires in the original 215/60R14 14" right now, it will improve handling if you get good tires.

What makes a tire 'good'? I've been using 225/60 R14 BF Goodrich Radial TA tires for years - they seem ok to me...

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

What makes a tire 'good'? I've been using 225/60 R14 BF Goodrich Radial TA tires for years - they seem ok to me...

The Radial TA is sold as a performance all-season tire. But, the tires don't grip well in the dry, and absolutely suck in the snow. I'd say this makes it a not-so-good tire. Looking at the tread pattern, it's obvious the design is about as old as the Fiero.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, ok; my snowy weather performance requirement is that the tires hold air to keep the car up off the barn floor.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock