need tail light wire colors diagram. bulb lights cliped 4leds. help by logical1
Started on: 02-21-2014 08:39 PM
Replies: 6 (651 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 02-22-2014 07:50 PM
logical1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I seem to be going thru it on this project. P.o swapped bulbs for leds and im getting feed back. Right turn signals work but when I cut on left turn signals on everything flashes like hazards are on. Also tail lights are on all the time. So I want to delete the led system and go back to bulbs but I need to know what color the wires are that go to everything. Brake lights, turn signals and tail lights its an 88 2.5 -5speed. Thats to all for enduring this with me....mm. Almos t road ready baby!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously.... u mean to tell me no 1 on here has an 88 2.5 -5speed fiero that cqn tell me what color the wires going to each plug are..wow'zers .. if they are too dirty brake cleaner does wonders and will normally take any dust and dirt deposits off. Pkeasesome1 chime in. Bleeding clutch tommorow and looking forward to tackling the next big thing
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry I was in a phone booth changing, actually you will have to wait just a little longer. my manual is up in the shop. unless someone else comes on before I get up there after lunch.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LH side colors according to alldata are black and yellow
RH side colors are black and dark green

dan

also if you scroll through this archived topic, which was found using a quick google image search you will find a diagram of the wiring

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-2-092809.html

[This message has been edited by bonaduce (edited 02-22-2014).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by logical1:
Seriously.... u mean to tell me no 1 on here has an 88 2.5 -5speed fiero that cqn tell me what color the wires going to each plug are..wow'zers ..

In a hurry then use PFF search, Google, etc.

Black = ground.
turn/brake is above
park is brown

Brake/turn only goes to bright filament on 2 outside bulbs.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any grounds are almost always black. Then all you need is a $2.00 test light to trace the parking, back up, brake, left & right turn sigs. If the PO did such a hack job, you may not have any stock color wiring back there.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Any grounds are almost always black. Then all you need is a $2.00 test light to trace the parking, back up, brake, left & right turn sigs. If the PO did such a hack job, you may not have any stock color wiring back there.

That is a problem that many people run into with any old cars when working on wiring, 2 things I hate, drum brakes and electrical problem.

I would rather pound my balls flat with a sledge hammer than do ether of those.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock