Code 45. by AL87
Started on: 02-21-2014 07:11 PM
Replies: 3 (291 views)
Last post by: AL87 on 02-23-2014 04:44 PM
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so far this is the hardest to diagnose problem through thread searching, most threads never reached a solution with this code since it could be just about any sensor on the car on top of fuel system problems.

the issue I'm having is that the car wont go into gear without stalling, I need to be actively feathering the throttle for it to not stall.
I have erratic idle +/- 500rpm.

most important of my observations has been this: a code is thrown almost instantly on a cold start.
ALSO, it doesn't want to idle cold. another issue where I have to feather the throttle.

any other experience, or things I should try out?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ECM will set code 45 when the ECM detects a high voltage from the oxygen sensor, throttle is applied and the system is operating in Closed Loop (conditions must exist for longer than 50 seconds and engine must be running for at least 1 minute).

But you said your car threw the code right at startup?

What year and engine/trans?
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.8L V6 A/T
I jumped the a/b diagnostic terminals when cold to reset the IAC, and then I unplugged it.

so far no code... weird?
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay, so I swapped out the IAC with a new one, and the erratic idle went away and so did the persistent code, so far so good.

the code for rich exhaust still pops up once in a while, so its probably either the regulator or the injectors with the fuel.

I know a lot of things could cause the rich code, but what are the most common?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock