after market speedometer on 87 2.5l fiero by johnguzman1212
Started on: 02-21-2014 04:29 PM
Replies: 5 (169 views)
Last post by: johnguzman1212 on 02-24-2014 06:11 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please help I don't know where to go. I own a 87 fiero 2.5 iron duke it is stretched for my Lamborghini replica . I bought a intellotronix speedometer and I cant get it calibrate. I have spliced into the purple and yellow wires from the trans sensor only the purple wire sends me a signal. note im also having problems with my intellotronix tach the white wire from rear is spiced by engine and connected to another tach it works fine but when I splice it from the gauge to the other introntronix gauge it is erractic or doesn't work. when I use the white wire from the old speedo harness the one that goes into oem instrument cluster the wire has no signal . it doesn't work so the signal is lost somewhere from my rear splice . when I bought the car 4 years ago the speedo and tach never worked. I like the new tach . has any one had this issue? next I have the repair book and many images from internet they are not helping. I know about the color wire code . when I hook up the purple with white wire to speedo it doesn't read right or reads im going 12 mph parked. when I go into calibration mode on the gauge and starts reading the 2000 or 4000 pulse readings from the signal wire it starts moving but my car is still parked like if the sensor is turning and giving me a reading but car is not moving. is this common? is my speedo faulty ? is my sensor faulty? i can buy the gps module for my gauge there is one but it costs 110 bucks .I have a hud that gives me a speed reading but I cant see during day. please I need info on this can i just cut this dumb problem and just buy the gps module? any help?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

Maybe there is a kit car expert around that can help you.....
logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest the simplest / cheapest solution is to keep current speedo plugged in but recess it or take out of housing and buy a gps speedo. The fiero needs the vss loop I.e. signal saying Speedo is plugged in to run pproperly. So its gps or gut it open see bottom of my post 4 details on that

2. Use a dash overlay. Find it online or I could send you. 1. Open clear plate split down. Middle untill you reach center. Useca hole punch and 3m glue it. Go to a printing shop like kikos or use photo paper. Down side it wont be accurate when traveling but use ur phone or gps and take mental note I.e. speed says im going 80 u know really your doing 40. Same with tach except if you have se then split tach in half so you can still read oil pressure. And you can use lexan and apply a light tent to it to reduce any obvious

3. Call tom look him up on fourms or google tom fiero digital cluster. Run you around $500 for all, but I dont know what he charges for hust the speedo. Maybe worth the investigation. But 1 digi and others analog will be uuuhhhhhh yea.. ur call.. none the less it is an option. Toms does require some installation as well. How much im not really sure. His website explains that though

Other than that you have to be good with sodering and changing crystals. Its waaaayyyy past my lvl of electricity. So yea there ya go. Let me know if I can help.

[This message has been edited by logical1 (edited 02-22-2014).]

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have all led gauges theres 11 so I don't want to go analog . I lost the old speedo so its not in the loop. the car runs hot bout 203 f with a all fans running at high speeds in town perfect. but other than that it runs good . so maybe best way is the gps ? is there anyone who has installed a gps speedo? I have a hud speedo reading on my windshield works great . thanks for letting me in I really love this forum and all the help. I have other problems that ill post later
logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem. Youtube gps speedo I think speedhut has a 7 min vid. Really simple power ground and then mout antenna lik a car alarm on dash or dvd navigation on dash. Easiest guage install ever
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gps I will go then

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock