Started on: 02-21-2014 11:58 AM
Replies: 5 (139 views)
Last post by: dobey on 02-21-2014 06:02 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My other car is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix. The interior lights (all the courtesy lights, includeing the door) take an unusual long time to shut off, about 5 minutes. Any budy have this happen on a GM vehice and whats the fix? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 02-21-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're concerned about it draining the battery swap to LED bulbs, they dont use much juice

But reallly, otherwise i dont know whats up with it.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think a lot of cars now are just programed to to that on their own. Ive had different cars that take different times. My Sebring takes 3-4 minutes to shut off after I open the door unless the key is on, then goes out immediately. My headlites are the same way, but I have to turn the key off with the lites on, then turn off the lite switch. The headlites then stay on 3-4 minutes before they go out.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
I think a lot of cars now are just programed to to that on their own. Ive had different cars that take different times. My Sebring takes 3-4 minutes to shut off after I open the door unless the key is on, then goes out immediately. My headlites are the same way, but I have to turn the key off with the lites on, then turn off the lite switch. The headlites then stay on 3-4 minutes before they go out.

Yup, Car could have BCM etc program to keeps lights on for X seconds to minutes.
If you start the car, does shut off light sooner? If so BCM etc programed.

A few lights on for minutes should not be a problem. If that does, problem is elsewhere... dieing battery, etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Yup, Car could have BCM etc program to keeps lights on for X seconds to minutes.
If you start the car, does shut off light sooner? If so BCM etc programed.

A few lights on for minutes should not be a problem. If that does, problem is elsewhere... dieing battery, etc.

No, after starting the car they stay on as Im driveing.Eventually they go off.Just seems like they should go off when the engine is started or go off sooner.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2014 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They should go off when you turn the key to the "Accessory" or "Run" positions. If they don't, it sounds like it might be a wiring issue. If you have remote entry, they should also go off more quickly, when you lock the doors with the remote.

But, this thread belongs under Other Cars instead.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock