Started on: 02-18-2014 08:48 PM
Replies: 5 (127 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 02-19-2014 07:20 PM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my sons 86 GT titled, and had it running for the first time at night, and discovered the dash back lighting does not work. All the turn signals and other lights work. It's just the speedometer, tach back lighting that isn't working. I'm getting the car inspected this Thursday, which shouldn't present an issue, because it will be daylight, but I still need to get this fixed. Besides bulbs, what could it be?

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MacGyversMullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyversMulletSend a Private Message to MacGyversMulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My fiance's old car had this problem and it was just a faulty dimmer switch. I just bypassed the switch and the lights worked again. That is a possibility.
EDIT: Unless with these cars all the other lights that are working are also controlled under the dimmer switch...I am not near my car to test this out, but I am sure someone else who is wiser will chime in

[This message has been edited by MacGyversMullet (edited 02-18-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 and 86 both had a bad dimmer transistor...

https://www.google.com/sear...istor&tbm=shop&spd=0
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I guess I'll be checking that out over the next couple of days.

Jim
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I pulled the dimmer switch, and the plugs were not seated properly. Just a little push and all the lights are on. I love easy fixes.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock