ac cycling switch adjustment by jon m
Started on: 02-18-2014 12:19 PM
Replies: 7 (833 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 02-21-2014 09:30 AM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
I am in a couple of weeks going to change out my accumulator and orifice tubes when they arrive - my question is I am changing over to r134a how easy is it to adjust the cycling switch on the accumulator ?

thanks in advance
jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easiest way is to buy a switch already calibrated for R-134A, otherwise hook up a gauge set and see where it cycles, and turn the screw between the terminals until it kicks on at 21 psi.

The pre-adjusted switch for R-134A is Four Seasons Part # 36674
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You
jon
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a new cycle switch, same number. If I remove my old switch, am I going to loose my refrigerant? I don't want to have a blowout and evacuate all the oil when I remove the old one. If need, I can slowly discharge the system through the low side schrader valve without losing oil.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 02-20-2014).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a schrader valve under the switch. As long as the person who last worked on it didn't remove the schrader valve and then install the switch, and charge the system, you should be fine. Be warned, they can be easily overtightened and crack when reinstalling.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for confirming that for me. I just went out to swap out the switches and I found that Factory Air part number 36674 isn't the correct switch for the Fiero. The Fiero harness will not plug onto this switch. The original Fiero switch has it's two male terminals exposed while the Factory Air switch has it's male terminals recessed inside the insulator.

If you've used this switch without modifications to your harness, could you provide a picture? The one I have looks exactly like the online image on their website.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull the round insulator off - it just keeps the terminals from getting bent in shipping
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you. I was just about to head back to the parts house to return it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock