Longer E brake cables by woodyhere
Started on: 02-14-2014 11:18 AM
Replies: 4 (214 views)
Last post by: tesmith66 on 02-15-2014 11:10 AM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 11.25 brake conversion and my E brake cables are stretched to the limit. I was wondering if anyone had a source for longer E brake cables. I did a search but only found folks wanting longer cables but no solutions. Anyone no of a place to get some made up?

Thanks,
Woody

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much longer do you need. If its only 1" then you might be able to do something similar to what I do with my 13" kit.

------------------
fieroguruperformance.com

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the idea. I had no idea you had such a nice line of products.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed the Fiero store to see if they would make up longer sets. I was in contact with Rodney but he won't be able to do this because of the quantity he would have to order. He probable didn't see the potential sales and for that I can't blame him. It would seem just making them all a few inches longer would be good for stock and modified brakes and could be used for either.

------------------
woodys 427

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try these guys.

http://www.controlcables.com/

I've dealt with them and similar companies for aerospace and ground support stuff (aircraft control cables, flight simulator stuff, etc), but never for one-off stuff.

Post back if you find anything interesting.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock