supercharger gasket by jonathan2014
Started on: 02-12-2014 09:35 PM
Replies: 7 (295 views)
Last post by: hdryder on 10-27-2014 12:07 PM
jonathan2014

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my supercharger gasket went bad. set for a couple days start it up idols about 3 grand. huge vacuum leak gasket is leaking anything I should do while I have it apart l67 btw oh and I'm kind of curious why all the sudden it blew up?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero8Send a Private Message to Fiero8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be just a bad gasket. Reasearch Hylomar. It's expensive but it's good up to 700 F. You can use the stuff on head gaskets if you want. I mostly only use it on leaky plastic valve cover gaskets.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see any way a failed supercharger gasket can cause a 3k idle, I think something else is wrong.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless the gasket was torn or damaged the problem is more likely a warped housing or corroded intake where the gasket sits causing the leak. With the SC off and the surfaces scraped and cleaned check with a good straight edge to make sure all surfaces are flat and smooth like they should be.

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay I'll do that thanks for all the replies
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you using the GM aluminum supercharger gasket? They usually seal fine. Did the installer torque down the supercharger in slow gradual steps while rotating by hand to insure no bind? Are you sure the leak is from the supercharger not the LIM manifold gasket?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ccrook19

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ccrook19Send a Private Message to ccrook19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sound's like you could have a Idle Air Control Problem..
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it common practice to use a sealer on an Eaton (M62 or M90) supercharger base gasket?

Also, is there a mounting bolts torque sequence pattern available for these superchargers?

Thank you for the help on this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock