88 fiero 2.5 cavalier cluster question by logical1
Started on: 02-12-2014 09:31 PM
Replies: 1 (136 views)
Last post by: logical1 on 02-13-2014 01:07 AM
logical1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off hello all. First time posting a long time archive surfer and board prober. I've done a lot a searching and cant seem to find the answer im looking for which lead me to posting.

88 FIERO 2.5 FIRST OFF I KNOW UGHHH 2.5 but it is pretty quick and zippy I have the 5 speed Car did not come with orginal speedo. Idled high untill I put one in junk car.. but its obviously not correct one bc tach is max up. but idle did calm down greatly and oil pressure - gas and - temp seem to be right on

Now I have a caliver digi dash and I was going to do swap, im mainly concerned about speedo and temp -oil- and gas being correct. Id like tach to function as well but I could always buy aftermarket shift light to solve that if its too complex

I have wire swap info. my only question is about this vss buffer they say its for 88 only, but I havent herd of any 2.5's with the cavalier cluster and if they need this. If so should I purchase or is thier a way to wire it up myself.

Also I have heard I need to keep speedo pluged in and tap wires in that harness. Any clarity would be greatly appreciated I apready have cavalier speedo and ex tra harnesses I just like to be absolutely sure of what im doing before I takle a project and due to lack of 2.5 specific info I figure id better ask. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
logical1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on. I know someone has to have some sort of experience with the cavalier cluster swaps on the 2.5?
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock