HVAC - Heater box door/diffusor seal by FieroTony
Started on: 02-11-2014 09:34 AM
Replies: 1 (156 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 02-11-2014 12:11 PM
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 2M4 5 spd with A/C

Just about had frost bite on my feet this morning, (1½ hour drive at 12°). Warmed the car up this morning for about 15 minutes as usual when its this cold, frost. For a little while I've been hearing the door/diffusor in the heater box popping when the actuator kicks in. This morning when I left, one of the doors/diffusors was stuck in the partial defrost/vent position. No floor heat. I tried playing with the buttons, but nothing other than hearing the actuator a little. When I got to work I shut the car off and the heard the actuators. Started it back up, and it worked like it was supposed to, floor heat. Will it work tonight I can't answer that. While I was pushing the buttons again, vent, out came a bunch of the old dry rotted foam/sponge seal. I'm assuming that this is/was binding the door/diffusor.

Questions are:
- Is the foam seal available, or is it a trip to Home Depot and make something work?
- How much is involved tearing into this? And how much of the dash should I pull apart to get to it?
- I suppose that this would be a great time to replace the heater core.

Thanx again,
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seal may be for noise as much as blocking air flow......I would take the lazy way and see how it works before jumping into a rebuild in this weather.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock