2.8 automatic trans troubles by lavender4ever
Started on: 02-08-2014 06:07 PM
Replies: 4 (124 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 02-09-2014 02:10 PM
lavender4ever

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lavender4everSend a Private Message to lavender4everEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I messed something up. I wasn't shifting right into third and I tried the trick that I keep hearing about the tv cable, how you disconnect it and pull it and snap it to make sure it is free moving. Well I did that and now when I go down the road when it hits third it pops out of gear. The rpms go up and it is like third disappeared.
Any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gwg1995

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Change the fluid or put Lucas transmission stabilizer in it. Its worth a try and its fairly cheap.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the 4-pin plastic connector to your trans. It activates the TCC solenoid. If the problem stops, you have a TCC problem.
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it feel like it's bogging down at all when it happens?
I'm +2'ing on the TCC.

I had this problem, always popping out of gear, disconnected and runs much better.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplugging the VSS is easier and it also disables the TCC. You can try that without getting under the car. Make sure the connector cannot fall down on the axle. Of course it will disable your speedometer and cruise control but this is just for a short term test.

If it is the TCC, you will want to fix it if you want to maximize your gas mileage.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock