what to keep off 2.8 by crashmydaytona
Started on: 02-08-2014 03:11 PM
Replies: 13 (346 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 02-12-2014 03:36 PM
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to know what to keep off my 2.8 motor for my 3800 swap if anything at all? I am going to scrap the engine or transmission soon(or put it up in the mall for parts) so I have room in my garage and don't want to get rid of something I may need. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashmydaytona:

I need to know what to keep off my 2.8 motor for my 3800 swap if anything at all? I am going to scrap the engine or transmission soon(or put it up in the mall for parts) so I have room in my garage and don't want to get rid of something I may need. Thanks

I don't think there's really anything you could want from that 2.8 that will be useful to you on a 3800.

But, you may want to keep the 2.8 Holley Throttle Body and throw it up on eBay. Also, if your Fiero is an 87-88 V6, then you should probably also keep the intake plenum and put that on eBay too.
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and the oil pan, exhaust crossover pipe, flywheel (again, if '88), and all sensors.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
should have mentioned its out of an 86 GT
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

...and the oil pan, exhaust crossover pipe, flywheel (again, if '88), and all sensors.

Are you saying that the oil pan and the 25+ year old sensors will work with a late 90's early 2000's motor?
The flywheel would need resurfacing, no? I would just assume buy a brand new flywheel for the swap.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Are you saying that the oil pan and the 25+ year old sensors will work with a late 90's early 2000's motor?
The flywheel would need resurfacing, no? I would just assume buy a brand new flywheel for the swap.

No he is saying those are things i should sell on ebay since there is nothing i should need for the swap.
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhh ok, thanks for the clarification.

I'll be rounding up my old 2.8 parts once it warms up a bit

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Also, if your Fiero is an 87-88 V6, then you should probably also keep the intake plenum and put that on eBay too.

How do they differ from the 1986 version?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

How do they differ from the 1986 version?

The 87-88 V6 intake plenum is engraved with "Fiero" where as the 85-86 intake plenum just has a sticker on it (looks cheap). It's a "pretty" upgrade for 85-86 V6s...
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would be the appropriate prices to start this stuff on ebay at?

oil pan, sensors, intake, etc...
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

What would be the appropriate prices to start this stuff on ebay at?

oil pan, sensors, intake, etc...

Well, there isn't a huge market for it... I would check to see what other items are selling for.

Also, if you want to save the valve covers, they are really popular with the 3rd generation Camaro / Firebird group. They have 2.8 and 3.1 liter engines in their cars, and they usually upgrade to the Fiero valve covers.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
The 87-88 V6 intake plenum is engraved with "Fiero" where as the 85-86 intake plenum just has a sticker on it (looks cheap). It's a "pretty" upgrade for 85-86 V6s...

Shute! I did know that, I was thinking you meant functionally
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what not to scrap ?....the oil pan and front cover may be usefull to someone doing a 3.4 camaro swap ? AC brackets, alt brackets, exhaust manifolds,. the "Heads" for a 3.4 swap (rebuildable cores) , pretty much everything EXCEPT the 2.8 bottom end. I will be putting a perfect running 1987 2.8 and auto trans "up for sale" myself, although they are "Hard to sell".

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock