Hood fitment issue by mckaymotoworks
Started on: 02-08-2014 01:18 PM
Replies: 8 (234 views)
Last post by: FieroTony on 02-09-2014 01:26 PM
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unsure how I missed this, but there's a noticeable gap on the passenger side between fender and hood. Any ideas what the issue is, does the plastic warp over time or can it be adjusted?
Luckily I have another hood, rear deck and side panels that came with the car I have to pick up in KY.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like your hood isn't aligned. there are 4 bolts, 2 on each bracket that connects the front of the hood to the car that will need to be loosened so that you can move the hood around. Be careful though, you can spend hours trying to get everything perfectly aligned. When it is aligned correctly though, the gap should be smaller and the hood will close easier. Mine was out of alignment for a while and was a pain to close
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard to tell without seeing the whole hood all the way around. Looks to me like it just needs the passenger side latch adjusted down, maybe even knocked down some. Judging from the headlite shot, and the close fit between hood and nose there, at some time, its been hit in the right front and knocked back. It either pulled the latch part in the hood down some (maybe even out of the hood panel), or buckled the part where the latch is, up. You might even need to pull the bumper cover off and bend the mounting out towards the front to get more clearance there too. Like I said, looks like the bumpers been pushed back into the hood.

need pics of the whole hood, and underside of hood and the firewall where latch is to be more sure.
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine fits like that too. I haven't been able to adjust it to fit better...gave up. Be sure to mark the bolts before you try any adjustments. This way you can return to where it is now, if you're not able to make it better.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check for front end damage. The PO of my 88 must have hit something. I found some bent metal underneath. There is a "too large" gap along the front. Maybe 1/4 inch too big, but you can adjust the hood at the hinge to align it.
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy y'all were all over this. Funny story, false alarm, I left the old radiator cap laying on that side after last weekends coolant flush.
I love easy fixes
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always double check when you do any work. Number of parts installed should match the number of parts removed...
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm heading out right now to see where i left my radiator cap
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mckaymotoworks:

Boy y'all were all over this. Funny story, false alarm, I left the old radiator cap laying on that side after last weekends coolant flush.
I love easy fixes

Been there. Pair of channel-locks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock